Monday, November 15, 2010

Pacquiao vs. Margarito



The Pacquiao vs. Margarito fight is one that I enjoyed the most, of all the Pacquiao fights. But only because, unlike previous Pacquiao fights, this time I was able to totally get rid of all the spoilers who leak the results of the Pacquiao fight even before it is aired on GMA7, which is already few hours delayed.
I was able to watch live streaming of Pacquiao fights on the internet before, but they were so unreliable. It would only frustrate you as the streaming would just stop few rounds into the game, either authorities blocked the site for airing it illegally, or simply server sources gets overloaded due to the thousands of users who would like to watch them live and not want to pay. I don’t pay pay-per-view or cable so I just settle with watching Pacquiao fights on GMA7 and endure 10 minutes of commercial advertisements per 3 minutes of the fight. So a 12-round boxing fight takes more than 2 hours. I am not complaining since I am not paying anything.
To make sure I would still enjoy some excitement despite the delayed telecast, I put my cell phone away to get rid of text spoilers and threatened everyone in the house that I would knock out any person who would inform me of the fight results, whether it is a clue on whoever won or at what round did the entire match ended. It seemed to work, since even with the hint that they already received text messages of the results, no one dared inform me. Thanks God there was no need for me to prove anything I said about knocking them out.

So for the first time I felt the thrill of a Pacquiao superiority. You get excited when Pacquiao scores and concerned when Pacquiao takes some Margarito jabs or uppercuts. Even when the Pacquiao advantage has been clear half-way through the game, you still would not want to relax and see to it that you are able to watch it until at whatever round it would end!

While the world was watching the battle between Pacquiao's speed vs. Margarito's height, there was also a cold war in the house which I have successfully dominated over :). I'm not sure whether I can sustain the same victory in the next Pacquiao fights; so like what the Master Strategist Freddie Roach himself would do, I think I need to implement a different approach next time. Maybe in the future, I would just try watching it on cinema, or maybe pay around 300 pesos on pay-per-view.

Congratulations to Manny and to all Filipinos around the world who has just found another reason to be proud of being a Filipino!!!!